War Memorial Hall at the University of Guelph was built using Credit Valley Sandstone in June of 1924. This beautiful heritage building has an unusual beginning - students forced administration’s hand in choosing the hall’s location by cutting down a stand of Norway spruce and digging the foundation one night. It was built to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Ontario Agricultural College and to honour students who had enlisted and died in the First World War. In 2011, War Memorial Hall underwent renovations, with replacement of the gracious front steps and the addition of an elevator wing. Credit Valley Sandstone from our quarry was matched to the original, both in materials and style, with custom shaping to match the existing architectural details. Over time, the new section will darken, seamlessly blending with the older stone.